Credit by The Book Beloved Brand
A brand vision is the end-in-mind achievement, when you will be fully satisfied. What do you want your brand to become? Think 10 years out: if you became this one thing, you would feel completely satisfied.
Ideally, the vision is little bit qualitative (yet grounded in something); a little bit quantitative (measurable).
A vision should scare you a little, but excite you a lot.
Things that make a good vision:
• Last 5-10 years, paint a picture of where could we be.
• Emotional & motivating for employees to understand & rally around.
• Describe your dream: feel, hear, think, say, do
• Said in plain words. Common phrase within company.
• Balance aspiration (stretch) & reality (achievement)
Watch outs for vision statements:
• Not a positioning statement
• Haven’t achieved it already
• Don’t put strategic statements. Not the “how”
• Single minded. Tighten it.
"If you don't know where you're going, you might not get there" Yogi Berra